ESG, Climate Risk and Sustainable Finance
This page provides easy access to IACPM offerings and resources related to ESG, Climate Risk and Sustainable Finance.
Some resources will require a login and are for IACPM members only.
Climate Risk Focus Group Discussions
- Held periodically for IACPM members on issues including organizational structure and approach, definitions and policy, and risk and opportunity assessment. To allow for active discussion in a small group setting, participation is limited in these roundtables (first come, first served).
- IACPM Annual Pre-Conference Roundtable Discussions on ESG and Sustainability. Roundtable topic for Fall 2023 : Client Transition Pathways.
ESG & Climate Risk Management Advocacy
- The IACPM submitted a response letter (August 2023) to the Science Based Target Initiative (SBTi) consultations on the initial criteria for financial institutions to set science-based net-zero targets as well as the draft fossil fuel finance position paper.
- The IACPM submitted a comment letter (July 2022) to the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) on Exposure Drafts IFRS S1 General Requirements for Disclosure of Sustainability-related Financial Information and IFRS S2 Climate-related Disclosures.
ESG & Climate-Change Related Risk Management
- Linking Climate & ESG to Decision-Making and CPM
(2023 peer survey; detailed results are available to IACPM member firms)
- ESG as a Source of Strategic Value Creation
(joint 2022 IACPM/Bain & Co study)
- ESG & Climate Risk Management Frameworks Survey
(2022 peer survey; public white paper; detailed results are available to IACPM member firms)
- Principles & Practices in Credit Portfolio Management Study
(biennial peer survey; public white paper; detailed results are available to IACPM member firms)
- Data and Analytics Innovations
(joint 2021 IACPM/McKinsey & Co study)
- Managing Non-Financial Risks
(joint 2020 IACPM/Boston Consulting Group study)
- Assessing and Advancing Climate Risk Awareness
(joint 2018 IACPM/Oliver Wyman study)
- Climate Risk: Strategies and Solutions
(presentation Spring 2023)
- Credit Portfolio Steering and Stress Testing Under Climate Scenarios (presentation Fall 2022)
- Climate Change and Credit Risk: The Path from Climate Scenarios to Financial Stress Testing (presentation Fall 2022)
- Realizing Climate Finance Opportunities
(joint 2023 IACPM/Oliver Wyman study)
- Mobilization of Private Capital in Relation to UN Sustainable Development Goals study 2021
- Linking DFI and Private Sector Financing in Relation to UN Sustainable Development Goals panel discussion Fall 2021
- Sustainability and ESG – Challenges and Opportunities panel discussion Fall 2021
- The Roadmap for Sustainability: Testing the Application of the EU Taxonomy to core Banking Products presentation Spring 2021
- Developments in EU taxonomy, challenges and opportunities in the journey towards sustainable lending, presented by Martin Spolc, Head of Unit, Financial Technology & Sustainable Finance DG FISMA, European Commission
- Achieving ESG/Climate Goals
(panel discussion Spring 2023)
- Regulatory Roadmap and Challenges (Webinar panel discussion 2021)