ESG, Climate Risk and Sustainable Finance
This page provides easy access to IACPM offerings and resources related to ESG, Climate Risk and Sustainable Finance.
Some resources will require a login and are for IACPM members only.
Climate Risk Focus Group Discussions
- Held periodically for IACPM members on issues including organizational structure and approach, definitions and policy, and risk and opportunity assessment. To allow for active discussion in a small group setting, participation is limited in these roundtables (first come, first served). Please inquire.
ESG & Climate Risk Management Advocacy
- The IACPM submitted a comment letter (July 2022) to the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) on Exposure Drafts IFRS S1 General Requirements for Disclosure of Sustainability-related Financial Information and IFRS S2 Climate-related Disclosures.
ESG & Climate-Change Related Risk Management
- ESG as a Source of Strategic Value Creation
(joint 2022 IACPM/Bain & Co study)
- ESG & Climate Risk Management Frameworks Survey 2022
(public white paper; detailed results are available to IACPM member firms)
- Principles & Practices in Credit Portfolio Management Study 2021
(included for the first time questions on climate risk)
- Data and Analytics Innovations
(joint 2021 IACPM/McKinsey & Co study with climate risk focused questions)
- Managing Non-Financial Risks
(joint 2020 IACPM/Boston Consulting Group study, with strong climate risk component)
- Assessing and Advancing Climate Risk Awareness
(joint 2018 IACPM/Oliver Wyman study)
- Climate Stress Testing: Evolving Practices panel discussion Fall 2021
- Incorporating Climate Scenarios and Hazard Events in Corporate Credit Risk presentation Fall 2021
- Climate Scenario Analysis: Approach, Application and Examples presentation Fall 2021
- Mobilization of Private Capital in Relation to UN Sustainable Development Goals study 2021
- Linking DFI and Private Sector Financing in Relation to UN Sustainable Development Goals panel discussion Fall 2021
- Sustainability and ESG – Challenges and Opportunities panel discussion Fall 2021
- The Roadmap for Sustainability: Testing the Application of the EU Taxonomy to core Banking Products presentation Spring 2021
- Developments in EU taxonomy, challenges and opportunities in the journey towards sustainable lending, presented by Martin Spolc, Head of Unit, Financial Technology & Sustainable Finance DG FISMA, European Commission
- Regulatory Roadmap and Challenges panel discussion 2021